Monday, October 27, 2008

2fer

Sure not to be the last 2fer post, here's Sunday and Monday...
Here we have my kids' reaction to the first Iowa snow. There had been wind advisories all day and suddenly it was snowing. The kind of snow that is blown so hard it goes completely horizontal. It was immediately deemed a blizzard ... so all on their own they barricaded the front door! Have I really over dramatized the Iowa winters so badly that they think we need to batten down the hatches at the first glimpse of snow?



And today's shot is from a quickie after-dinner run outside to get some pre-Halloween shots of the costumes before we're so into the candy that their eyes can't focus well enough to even look at the camera. Both of them were asking for coats, to which I replied, "That's what Halloween is about in Iowa...". Okay, maybe the blizzard thing really is my fault:

5 comments:

  1. That is just too funny about the snow! I added you on my 365 - it'll be fun to keep up with everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blizzard barricade cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I love the name of your blog. My 15yo daughter's name is Fancy, and we call her Fancypants all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that story is just to funny.. I would hate to think what they would do at my house with the winters.. Awesome shots.. I love her cute little nose by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Nancy, great costume, and I love the barricade of the door. How do they plan on getting out that thing to get to the snow?

    ReplyDelete